Math 2673, Fall Semester, 2006
You must refresh to get the latest version of my webpage.
Class Time M and W 2:00 -3:20and F 2:00 -
I HOPE ALL OF YOU PASS THIS COURSE, BUT, FOR MOST STUDENTS,
INFORMATION FROM THIS WEB SITE WILL NOT SUBSTITUTE
FOR COMING TO CLASS AND DOING HOMEWORK.
of Grading Policy
Course Outline for Math 2673
I DO NOT POST
Assignments for the course, to be updated
Week 1, 8/28Mon,&12.1-.2 Ex. 12.1 p. 852 5,11,13,21,23,35,37,39,41,45,49;
Ex. 12.2 p860,1,5,9,17,23,25,33,35,37
Wed & Fri 12.3 & 12.4 Ex. 12.3 P.870 1,7,9,13,17,27 & P.878 1,9,15,19
Week 2, Mon Labor day
9/6 Wed Probelm session catch up. What do you Know on 9 -06?
9/8 Fri &12.5 & 12.6 p.887 1,3,9,13,21,188.8.131.52,45,53,59; p. 897 3,9,13,25,31,35,39,45,53,63,67
Quadric surfaces maple code, quadric surfaces pdf
Week 3, 9/11 Mon Assigned material;p. 927 1,7,17,27,30
- Wed p.916 1,5,9,11,15,21,23,27,33,37, p.935 ex1,5,9
- SKIP 13.6
- Frday 9/15 I will miss class due to a minor procedure. I have an ear infection and must visit a Ear Specialist today. Hence, I will push back all the dates by 1 class. Thank You , John J. Buoni
The following maple sheets for ----------------may be helpful. To download
a maple program, you must have Maple.
maple code for two and three cylinders maple code
in pdf format
Review for exam 1
Week 5, 9/24 Mon %14.3 assigned p. 994 ex. 1,5,9 -- every 4th one through 53
Week 6,10/2 Mon Lab1 due
, % 14.5 p. 1013 Ex.1,7,9,15,21,23:
Sample Exam II
%14.6 P1024 EX1,5,19,27,37,39,449,53
- Fri, Exam
Week 8, 10/16 Mon Plots from p. 1028 pdf and maple code
%14.7 Theorem 11 pp. 1034-35 ex. 1,5,9, ...49
The Math Assistance Center is looking for Student Tutors for the Spring Semester. If interested please stop in and apply in Cushwa hall 3090 .
Week 9, 10/23 Mon LABIII ( Due Nov 1)
Homework p 1034 Ex. 9, 11, 27,29,33,37: pp1047 Ex. 3,7,15,17,25,29,33,37
10/25 Wed p. 1079 Ex 1,5,7,23,27,41,47,51,55
LAB II DUE FRIDAY.
Here are two limit solutions
limit1 in pdf and in maple
limit2 in pdf and in maple
- Fri, Exam 3 will be Wednesday Nov 8
- lagrange multipier exampes in pdf and in maple
- region problem in pdf and in maple
- silo problem in pdf and in maple
- Week 10, 10/30 Mon
- text % 15.4 p. 1106 ex 1,7,17,19,23,27,33,37
- two cylinder in pdf and in maple
Week 11, 11/6 Mon solutions to Sample Exam III in pdf and in maple
Mon p. 1126 ex. 33,35,37 Lab 4 is due friday 11/17/2006
Wed triple int in maple and in pdf
two cylinders int in maple and in pdf
silo problems in maple and pdf
Week 13, 11/20 Mon %16.1 & 16.2 pp. 1148 Ex. 9-21 odds
pp. 1058-1059 ex 23,25,27,29
- Wed covered 15.7 pp. 1136-37 please do EX.9,13,14
- Thurs is Thanksgiving,
Week 14, 11/27 Mon
due Wednesday 12/6 at 4:30 p.m.
.Wed we will meet in the lab today
Fri 12/1 Assigned Problems p. 1179 ex5,9,17,19,21
Mon Sample questions for Final Exam ( updated 12/6)
Some solutions (maple or pdf)to sample questions: as students ask me questions I will add to this file.
- Wed the snocone is maple or pdf
due FRIDAY 12/8 at NOON
Parker, Steelers run over Browns
Use Green's Theorem.
- Graph and find the equation of a line and plane in space.
- Graph and find the equations of surfaces in space such as cylinders and quadric surfaces.
- Convert between rectangular, cylindrical and spherical coordinates.
- Differentiate and integrate vector-valued functions.
- Find the unit tangent vector and principal unit normal vector of a smooth curve and use to find the arc length .
- Find the tangential and normal components of acceleration for a smooth curve.
- Describe graphs, level curves and level surfaces of functions of several variables and evaluate limits of functions of several variables.
- Discuss the continuity and differentiability of a function of several variables.
- Find partial derivatives, directional derivatives, gradients and differentials of functions of several variables and use them to solve applied problems.
- Find equations of tangent planes and normal lines to surfaces.
- Use the chain rule for functions of several variables (including implicit differentiation).
- Find extrema of functions of several variables using the second partials test and Lagrange multipliers and solve applied problems.
- Evaluate iterated integrals and use them to find the area of plane regions.
- Evaluate multiple integrals in rectangular, polar, cylindrical and spherical coordinates and use them to solve applications involving volume.
- Use a Jacobian to change variables in multiple integrals.
- Identify conservative fields.
- Find the curl and divergence of a vector field and the flux of a field through a surface and solve applied problems.
- Evaluate line integrals and solve applied problems.
- Identify when a line integral is independent of path and use the Fundamental Theorem of Line Integrals.
Week 16 12/11